There are lots of minced meat recipes out there. This one is my favorite, an easy meatloaf recipe that can be varied according to taste. Start with a basic recipe and add spices from the list below to suit your family. You can vary the meat used and the seasoning.
To make my meatloaf recipe easier, I use ground beef. Many cooks use a combination of ground beef, ground pork, or ground beef. Some use sausage in the mix. If you want a meat mixture, use 1/2 to 3/4 pound of pork, veal or sausage for 1 pound of beef. Using Italian-style breadcrumbs flavored with meatloaf, this recipe is easy and quick to prepare. I didn’t even measure anything. I just threw the ingredients together using a reasonable amount of each. If the mixture is too moist, add more breadcrumbs. If it’s too dry, add more soy sauce. This is really a super easy easy meatloaf recipe.
Easy Meat Bread Basic Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds earth chuck
- 3/4 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder, optional
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce + more for topping if desired
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, optional but delicious
HOW TO MAKE IT?
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. In a large or ovenproof baking dish, mix all ingredients.
- 3. Shape into bread shape.
- 4. Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until cooked.
- 5. I like to cover the top with more sauce during the last 20 minutes of baking.
You can try additional seasonings such as diced bell pepper, chopped celery, chopped parsley, and thyme. If using sausage, try adding the finely diced apple, and omitting the garlic, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Small diced vegetables such as potatoes, carrots or peas can be added if you like. Some cooks add chopped olives or chopped pickles or hard-boiled eggs. You can replace canned soup with sauce, pouring more over it as it bakes. The variations are endless.
If you’re blessed with the rest of this easy meatloaf recipe, it makes a delicious filling sandwich the next day, but don’t count on it. My family eats this.