Hey guys, it’s time to light up that grill! One of the most common activities in American recreation is grilling a nice, large, juicy steak in the backyard. Here are my favorite steak recipes, along with a delicious grilled side to go with them:
Griff’s American Grilled Black Pepper & Garlic Steak
- 4 pounds (approx.) thick-cut rib eye steak (four steaks)
- 2&2/3 cup Italian sauce (cheap is good!)
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 4 large cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper (or more, if you like black pepper!)
- Marinate steaks in Italian sauce for at least 1/2 hour.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic, heating gently until the garlic is golden brown.
- Place the steak on a hot grill (preferably a charcoal grill), sprinkle half the pepper on top of the steak.
- When the first side is done, flip the steak over and sprinkle the remaining pepper over the steak.
- With a spoon, pour the butter and garlic mixture over the steak while it is still on the grill.
American Baked Potato & Pepper Bags Griff
- 3 cups unpeeled and sliced potatoes
- 2/3 cup green bell pepper (with membrane & seeds removed), diced
- 2/3 red bell pepper (with membrane & seeds removed), diced
- 2/3 orange bell pepper (with membrane & seeds removed), diced
- 2/3 cup onions, cut lengthwise, diced
- 2 tbsp. jalapeno pepper (with membranes & seeds removed), finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon. Lawry’s® spiced pepper (or just black pepper)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Combine everything except the butter in a large bowl — mix everything well.
- Cut 4 sheets of 18″ x 12″ aluminum foil.
- Lay the foil flat (dull side up) and place 1/4 of the mixture on each sheet in a mound in the center of one end of the foil.
- Make sure there is space between the mound and all the edges of the foil.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each mound.
- Fold the other end of the foil over the mound and fold the side edges up so that when you’re done, you have four neat pockets.
- Place the bag (butter on top) on a very hot grill for about ten minutes, then flip it over and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the grill and let sit for a few minutes, then empty each bag on the four dinner plates.